Sunday, January 8, 2012

Full Moon

This morning I went outside and saw the moon was full. I am pagan, a Wiccan.

My voice has been gone a few days now. I am mute save faint whispers and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. 

I wrote this following solemn entry in my diary.

------------------------------------------------------

This morning as the moon begins to find her way down... I tried to sing. I felt my pull to do so like any full moon... my way of expressing my sabat, the day when the lady is at her peek... I tried and tried but my voice was gone still. I kept trying until coughing was all I could manage. How else will I express my heart? Singing... has always been the only way to truly express myself. It was the first thing I ever did for such expression... for my practitioning... for all of it. Singing... not singing is like... losing a part of my soul. It is as much a part of me as my eyes or my nose. I was once told that when I sing... I "become" the song. It was never explained what this meant and... all I know is that it was said after I sung a song of my own writing and... I sing from my heart. This will... being unable to use expression with my voice... will be a challenge. Goddess, please be my strength. My songs were once my only freedom and solace in this world. Now I must learn a new way.

Blessed be

-Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment